Student attendance is recorded daily and will become part of each student's record.
If a student is sick or needs to be absent for any reason, parents should send a message to Jessica Yu at Jessica.Yu@isnsz.com. An e-mail message to the homeroom teacher would also be helpful.
Parents whose students ride the school bus should contact their Bus Nanny by phone to let them know if their child is going to be absent. Contact information for Bus Nannies can be found on the bus route information sheet.
MYP and DP students can follow up on worked missed due to absence by checking online class sites or contacting the teacher by e-mail.
Homerooms will be open by 8:00 AM each day.
- EY and PYP students arriving
prior to 8:10 AM should report to the play areas and remain there until
dismissed. Students arriving after 8:20 AM should proceed to the reception to receive
a tardy slip.
- MYP and DP students arriving
before 8:10 AM should proceed to their lockers and homerooms. Students arriving after 8:20 AM should
proceed to the reception to receive a tardy slip.
Students may only leave the school grounds with written permission from parents. Parents may come to the office and ask to take their child out of school for legitimate reasons. Students must report to the office to receive a permission form that they are required to show the guard before leaving for any reason.
Students may only remain after school with written parental permission and under the supervision of a designated adult. Students may not stay on school premises after school dismissal unless they are participating in a supervised school activity. If parents or other authorized individuals are picking up a student, they are asked to do so before 4:00 PM as supervision will not be provided (3:00 PM on Wednesdays).
School ends at 2:30 PM on Wednesdays due to staff professional development and collaborative planning.
Students with repeated absences or tardy slips will be referred to the school administration.
who must be away from school for an extended period of time should inform the
school administration in advance. Students
who are absent for more than twenty days in one academic year may be asked to
repeat the grade level.
Examples of Excused and Unexcused Absences 有故缺席和无故缺席说明
Examples of Excused Absences (should inform the homeroom teacher in advance):
- Illness (absences exceeding three days may require a physician statement).
- Medical/Dental appointments (we highly encourage you to make these appointments outside of school hours).
- Required legal document renewal (Visa, Passport etc.).
- Religious Reasons.
- Serious family emergency i.e. funeral.
- Special requests from parents (pre-arranged with Principal).
- Leaving school early during the regular school day with approval of a school official or an emergency situation.
- Extra-curricular activities/External prep course or tests not associated with ISNS that are pre-approved and do not cause excessive absences (more than 3 days).
- Oversleeping/alarm failure.
- Leaving school during the regular school day without approval of a school official or other non-emergency situations.
- Shopping/errands/personal grooming.
- Skipping class/leaving campus without following proper procedure.
- Family vacations that have not been pre-approved.
- Needed at home/babysitting.
- Car trouble.
- Missing the bus/ride.
- Needing sleep or rest.
- Extra-curricular activities/External prep course or tests not associated with ISNS that are not pre-approved and cause excessive absences (more than 3 days).
- Not in proper uniform.
Total absences should not exceed 20 per year as this could place the student at risk for retention.