The ISNS uniform is an important element of the school life. The uniform helps students to focus on their work and their activities while at school, encouraging positive social interaction amongst peers and even making life a little easier for parents. We also believe the uniform can help to create a sense of community. When worn properly it generates a shared identity among the community and can help instil a sense of pride in our school.
School Uniform Policy
ISNS Students - Wear your uniform with pride as you represent our international school!
Students are required to wear a school uniform at all times during the day. The uniform policy, as well as information regarding the school store/admissions, is outlined below.
Uniform A - referred to as ISNS Official Dress Uniform, is to be worn on specific, identified occasions: [examples- ISNS music performances, athletic conferences, student exhibitions, school wide photo day, special award assemblies, Foreign dignitaries visiting]
- White Shirt [must be tucked into the pants], grey or black pants, tie and blazer are to be worn by all boys.
- White Shirt/Blouse [must be tucked in], grey or black skort/skirt/pants, tie and blazer are to be worn by all girls.
- Girls are to wear black stockings, leotards, and tights with their skirts or short white socks as the
- All students are to arrive neat in appearance for these special occasions.
- All students are to wear formal black footwear. Safety must always be a priority and as such, students
are not permitted to wear sandals, flip-flops, high-heeled shoes.
- The “official dress uniform” is specific to grades 3 to 12 and grades K to 2, will be expected to be
dressed with their specific school attire.
Uniform B- referred to as ISNS Official Day Uniform for Grades 3 to 12.
- Shirts and blouses may be tucked in to the pants or skorts or left out/relaxed look.
- Shirts and blouses may have long or short sleeves, depending on the weather.
- ISNS hoodie, jacket, sweater and blazer will be considered optional for daily uniform requirement
[exception- when required to wear ISNS Official Dress Uniform].
- No other shirts, sweaters, jackets, coats other than official ISNS clothing may be worn in the classrooms.
- Students may tailor pants/shorts or purchase the official shorts. Students are permitted to purchase
‘off-campus’ grey/black pants and/or alter ISNS grey tailored pants. Note: tailored/purchased pants must
be formal and grey or black.
- Formal tailored/purchased pants may be worn by girls in lieu of the official skort. [Exception- when
required to wear the ISNS Official Dress Uniform].
- Skorts must be worn no shorter than the top of the knee.
- Girls may wear black stockings, leotards, and/or tights with their skorts or short white socks as weather
- Students choosing to wear shirts under their ISNS official shirt must take note that all under shirts must be solid white in color, free of logos.
- Appropriate footwear is required for all students. Safety must always be a priority and as such, students are not permitted to wear flip-flops, high-heeled shoes. No boots are to be worn in the classroom. In the winter, students will change to shoes upon arrival.
- Students may wear black sneakers.
- Students are permitted to wear the PE uniform to school only on days that they participate in PE classes.
- PE Uniform consists of regulation ISNS shorts and t-shirts. The tracksuit jacket and pants are optional.
- Uniforms will be worn on all school field trips except with the authorization of the Head of School and/or Principal for a specific activity that requires alternative clothing.
- Students are not permitted to change out of their uniform at the end of the school day while still being involved in activities as a ISNS student. The exception is for those involved with programs that require alternative clothing-for example- sport practices/games.
- At all times, the school administration reserves the right to decide if clothing and/or appearance conveys a message contrary to the philosophy of the school uniform code.
Uniform C- referred to as ISNS Official Daily Uniform for grades K-2:
- Students are permitted to wear the PE uniform to school.
- PE Uniform consists of regulation ISNS shorts and t-shirts.
- Hoodies, tracksuit [pants & jacket] and sweaters are optional.
- Students may purchase plain grey or maroon pants if the weather dictates. NOTE- pants must be solid
grey or maroon in color, free of logos.
- Appropriate footwear is required for all students. Safety must always be a priority and as such,
students are not permitted to wear flip-flops, high-heeled shoes. No boots are to be worn in
the classroom. In the winter, students will change to shoes upon arrival.
Uniform D- referred to as ISNS School Spirit Day for all grades:
- Students will have the option to wear any ISNS attire [examples- red polo shirts, old ISNS PE shirts,
student council shirts, global mental health day t-shirts, caring week t-shirts].
- Students must wear grey pants, skorts, shorts, tracksuit pants, or PE shorts.
- The Head of School reserves the right to decide when ISNS School Spirit Days will take place
Uniform items are available in the School Store.