PYP Student Led Conferences
PYP 学生主导会议以学生为主导的会议的目的是为了让学生们学会对他们的学习负责。会议期间，学生将带领他／她的家长参观并讲解一系列精心策划的活动。这些活动展示PYP的五个基本要素和IB学习者培养目标。这次家长会的目的是让学生庆祝他们所取得的成就，反思他们的学习之旅，并为以后的学习设立目标。 正如ISNS评估政策所述，ISNS第三期PYP成绩报告是以学生主导会议的形式展开。这份文件也提出了对参与学生主导会议的学生、家长和老师的期望。 学生 - 学生们展示对他们的学习旅程的责任感：能够解释这段时间，作为学习者，他们在学校的所做所学以及这些如何帮助他们成长。 - 学生对学习旅程进行口头及书面的反思, 并恰当地结合IB学习者培养目标。 - 学生能够独立地带领其家长参观并讲解各种各样的活动。 - 学生提前计划好什么是他们想和家长们分享的。 - 确保学生文件夹及时更新。 家长 - 在孩子讲解他们的学习之旅的过程中，可以通过问问题的方式，鼓励和支持孩子。 - 给孩子提供正面的反馈，帮助他们为以后的学习设立目标，并制定为实现这些目标的行动计划。 - 如果家长有特定问题及担忧想和老师详聊，建议您和老师另约时间单独详谈。这次学生主导会议的重心在于学生掌握主导权，因此不大适合家长与老师一对一的面谈。 老师 - 协助学生对这次会议负责： o 给予学生计划、组织和演练此次会议的时间； o 指导学生设立学习目标； o 对学生的反思提供指导和期望。 - 确保老师所选的资料已经存放在学生文件夹。 - 如果老师有特定问题或担忧想和家长详谈，他们必须安排另外的时间和家长见面详聊。
PYP Student-Led Conferences
The purpose of a student-led conference is for the student to take responsibility for their learning. During the conference, the student leads his or her parents through a series of well thought out activities. The activities represent the 5 essential elements of the PYP and the IB Learner Profile. The purpose of the conference is for the student to celebrate achievements, reflect on their learning journey, and set goals for the future.
The third reporting period for PYP at ISNS is in the form of a student led conference, as stated in the ISNS Assessment Policy. This document outlines the expectations for students, parents, and teachers when participating in a student led conference.
- The student demonstrates responsibility for their learning journey, is able to explain what they have been doing at school and how this has contributed to their growth as a learner.
- The student is expected to provide an oral and written reflection of their learning journey, incorporating the attributes of the IB Learner Profile when appropriate.
- The student can independently lead his or her parent through a variety of activities.
- The student plans ahead of time what they would like to share with parents.
- Ensure their student portfolio is up to date.
- To encourage and support their child in describing their learning journey by asking questions.
- To provide positive feedback to their child; help them to set goals for the future and create an action plan for helping to achieve those goals
- If parents have specific questions or concerns for the teacher, they are recommended to make a separate appointment to meet with the teacher. The focus for a student-led conference is for the student to take ownership, therefore it is not appropriate to expect a one to one meeting with the teacher.
- Helps support the student to take responsibility for the conference by:
o Providing time for students to plan, organize, and practice for the conference
o Mentor students when setting learning goals
o Provide guidance and expectations for student reflection
- Ensure the teacher selected pieces have been included in the student’s portfolio
- If teachers have specific questions or concerns to discuss with parents, they must arrange to meet with the parents at another time.