ISNS Parent Association (PA)
at ISNS are very active in the school community. Every ISNS parent is a member of the Parent
Association. Throughout the year, PA
volunteers will organize and carry out various activities, events and
fundraisers. Whether parents can help a little or a lot, their efforts and
talents are always welcome and appreciated.
Our Parent Association has the following goals:
- To enhance the potential for ISNS students to grow and become well-rounded individuals.
- To provide a channel of communication from the school to parents and from parents to the school.
- To provide fun, social and educational activities for ISNS students to participate in beyond the regular academic programs.
- To build and maintain a positive and healthy relationship between parents and ISNS teachers and administrators.
- To support new families as they enter ISNS.
Activities and events typically sponsored and organized by the ISNS Parent Association:
- Halloween Decorating
- Christmas Decorating
- Chinese Culture Week Decorating, Food and Activities
- International Fair
- Support for Music and Arts Events
- Children's Day Gifts
- Graduation Ceremonies
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
The Parent Association raises funds by selling ISNS PA merchandise at various times throughout the year.
A Parent Association Board of Directors will include the following members, who are elected on an annual basis to support the Parent Association:
- PA Director
- PA Activities Director
- PA Administrative Director
- PA New Family Welcome and Logistics Director
- PA Finance Director
- PA Communication Director (WeChat)
- Other positions as needed
Note: In order to be elected as a PA Board member, a parent must first serve as a Grade Level Representative for at least one year.
Additionally, each grade level will have a designated number of parent representatives who make up the body of the Parent Association.
Grade Level Parent Association Representatives:
Lower Primary Representatives (one assigned as secretary)
K3: Up to two representatives, preferably one per homeroom
K4: Up to three representatives, preferably one per homeroom
K5: Up to three representatives, preferably one per homeroom
Grade 1: Up to four representatives, preferably one per homeroom
Grade 2: Up to four representatives, preferably one per homeroom
Upper PYP Representatives (one assigned as secretary)
Grade 3: Up to four representatives, preferably one per homeroom
Grade 4: Up to four representatives, preferably one per homeroom
Grade 5: Up to four representatives, preferably one per homeroom
MYP/DP Representatives (one assigned as secretary)
Grade 6-8: At least one but not more than six representatives
Grade 9-12: At least one but not more than six representatives
Grade Level PA Representative Volunteer Responsibilities
PA Grade Level Representatives are selected through an open election process which begins with nominations during the first few weeks of school in August. All eligible candidates who have been nominated are placed on a ballot which is then shared with all parents electronically and submitted electronically to the Head of School. The Head of School tallies the votes and makes the final selection. An announcement to all parents listing the PA Grade Level Representatives for the academic year will go out within the first month of the academic year.
家委会年级代表必须：*任何时候都要守信用，遵守伦理道德规范。 *遵守深圳南山国际学校所有规定和政策。 *依照国际文凭准则，采取积极向上有影响力的行动。 *任何时候，在任何平台，都要用清晰，专业的方式沟通，包括在微信平台。
Qualifications and Expectations
PA Grade Level Representatives must:
- Act in an ethical manner with the utmost integrity at all times.
- Follow all ISNS policies.
- Act with positive intent in accordance with the IB philosophy.
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner at all times and on all platforms, including WeChat.
PA Grade Level Representatives are responsible for addressing the needs of the entire Grade Level and not the individual needs of their own child. PA Grade Level Representatives should model and encourage all parents to address concerns regarding their own child following the appropriate procedure outlined by the school.
Five meetings for PA Grade Level Representatives will be scheduled with the school’s academic leadership each year. All Grade Level Reps who have been selected through the election process must attend all five meetings. If, due to extreme circumstances, the Grade Level Rep cannot attend a meeting, he or she must find a suitable substitute.
PA Grade Level Representatives must have a basic level of English language in order to participate effectively in meetings and communicate with all members of the ISNS community.
*年级代表代表所有家长在家委会定期会议中与校领导沟通以及交流想法与观点。*将与学校领导团队沟通的重要内容传达给各年级家长。 *主管所对应年级的微信家长群，并确保所有群成员都为在校学生的家长。 *与学校建立有效沟通促进学校进步与发展。 *协助家委会指定活动的举办。 *鼓励所有家长积极参与家长工作坊，了解学校学术项目。 *鼓励家长多多参与体育竞技活动，艺术表演，音乐会，展览以及其它校内活动。 *欢迎每一个家庭加入深圳南山国际学校社区。
- To represent all parents in the Grade Level when interacting with the school, communicating ideas and opinions to the school leadership team during PA meetings and at other times.
- To pass important points of communication on from the school leadership team to other parents in the Grade Level.
- To take ownership of the parent WeChat group for the Grade Level and ensure all members of the group are current ISNS parents.
- To bring about school improvement through constructive dialogue with the school.
- To assist with designated PA activities and events throughout the year.
- To encourage all parents to participate in Parent Workshops and learn about the academic program.
- To encourage parents to attend athletic competitions, art shows, concerts, exhibitions and other activities.
- To welcome all families to be a part of the ISNS community.
PA Representative Meetings
Meeting dates for the 2021-22 academic year:
September 10, 2021 at 8:30am-9:30am
October 29, 2021 at 8:30am-9:30am
January 7, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
March 25, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
May 20, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
September 17, 2021 at 8:30am-9:30am
November 5, 2021 at 8:30am-9:30am
January 14, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
April 1, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
May 27, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
MYP and DP
September 24, 2021 at 8:30am-9:30am
February 25, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
April 15, 2022 at 8:30am-9:30am
All interactions between parents and teachers or administrators are done with the best interest of students in mind. We all work together collaboratively to improve the school.
PA Chain of Communication
If a PA member receives a concern, complaint or suggestion then it is the responsibility of the PA member to bring the issue to the attention of the school leadership at the next PA meeting or before if it is urgent.
Communication Regarding Individual Students
If you have a concern related to your individual child please contact your child's teacher directly. The PA is generally focused on addressing issues that are related to groups of students and school improvement.