Communication with Teachers and the School
Open communication between parents and the school is welcome and essential. All members of the ISNS community are responsible for proactively communicating their needs, questions, ideas and suggestions. We believe that healthy, effective communication is always in the best interest of the students and the school. ISNS works to constantly improve the quality of its academic program and learning environment and abundant communication is a key element for fostering such growth.
When communicating, we ask that all community members conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner. Listening is as important as speaking in effective communication. Everyone should demonstrating respect for those involved in their communications.
ISNS values face-to-face interactions and encourages parents to meet in-person with teachers or leadership team members whenever possible. E-mail is the main platform for formal communication when meeting face-to-face is not possible.
IB Programme Implementation Concerns and Appeals
- Questions and concerns regarding implementation of the PYP, MYP and DP should be directed toward the appropriate IB Coordinator.
- The IB Coordinator will work with Senior leadership to investigate the concern and ensure that the school is following the Rules for IB World Schools and the specific implementation rules for the programme in question. If it is found that the school is not in compliance, change will be implemented.
- Parents have access to the Rules for IB World Schools and rules for each programme on the ISNS website.
- The IB Coordinator and appropriate principal will meet with all parties to ensure the rules are communicated and where, necessary communicate the change initiative and timeline.
- PYP and MYP Grade appeals for subjects can be directed to the appropriate subject teacher. MYP Projects, eAssessment and DP Exam or Core grade appeals should be submitted directly to the IBO.